1. Tata Tea Museum
Located 2 Km from Munnar Centre on the Nallathany Road.
Collection of old bits and pieces from the colonial era can be seen here. Demonstration of tea production. Information on machinaries, tea processing and tea tasting. Photography and Videography prohibited here.
Working Time: 10.00 AM - 4.00 PM.
Ticket Fee: Rs 50 for adult, Rs 25 for child
2. CSI Church
A church built with stone in 1910. It has fine stained glass and brass plaques. Above all, a calm place to pray and meditate.
3. Devikulam is 7 Km away. Tourists are attracted to this lake town
4. Mattupetty is 14 Km away from Munnar. Mattupetty dam has an agriculture garden on its banks. Speed boat ride through the dam is also available.
5. Rajamalai (Eravikulam National Park) is situated 13 Km away from Munnar on Udumalpet road (SH17). Trekking here can perhaps give you a glimpse of Nilgiri Thar, the rarely seen mountain goat.
Working Time: 7.00AM to 6.00PM (September to May)
Ticket Charge: Rs 10 for adults, Rs 5 for children. Photography / Videography permitted for fee.
6. Top Station is 40 Km away from Munnar. From here you can get a spectacular view of the plains of Tamilnadu. Kundalai Dam is on the Munnar-Top Station road
7. Marayoor is about 40 Km away, where Sandalwood forest, Muniyaras (ancient caves) and water falls (Thoovanam) are located
8. Chinnar Wild Sanctuary is 60 Km away from Munnar on Udumalpet road (SH17). Elephants, deers, samba etc can be seen from the watch tower. The tall tower is about 200 meters distance from the check-post. Entry fee: Rs 15 per person. Visiting time: 07.00AM to 06.00PM
9. Blossom International Park at Munnar has an adventure track, 1000-feet long fountain, roller skates, underground mediation centre and a beautiful garden.
10. Anamudi, the highest peak of South India is close to Munnar and is a great place for adventurous trekking.